Wednesday, April 22, 2009

LOVE The greatest commandment of all!!

When the clawsons visited the other day they brought me "True to the faith" a gospel reference Today as I was skimming through it I felt impressed to read and share my feelings on the subject of love.

Mathew 22 35-40
35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38This is the first and great commandment.
39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40On these two commandments hang all the prophets

John 13 34-35
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another

Verse 37 really stood out to me. I know I love our father in heaven but am I loving him with my heart soul and mind? It is easy to love but to do so with heart soul and mind I believe takes on a mucher deeper meaning. I believe in order to live up to this type of love our love for him must show through all of our actions. We must have our father in heaven in mind before we do anything and must put him before everything. Does this mean that when we sin we do not love him? I dont believe this for one second but I do believe we are not showing him our love with our sinful actions. I want all of my actions to show my tremendous love for our Heavenly Father. When we do mess up it shouldnt be so easy to just shake off. We should be ashamed that our actions do not scream I am a believer and I love my kind and gracious God!!! AFter reading and pondering this scripture I know i have alot of work to do to prove to our Fathe rin heaven that I do love him with my heart soul and mind. Me knowing this isnt enough I must always show it through my actions as well.
Heavenly father had another great commandment... To love our neighbor as we love our selves. and to love one another as God has loved us. I think this is a much harder commandment to follow sometimes. Maybe by keeping in mind that we are all brothers and sisters this commandment will seem easier. If we truly loved others as ourselves we would never do anything to hurt them. Again just loving them isnt enough we must show them we love them through all we do. I want the best for myself so I should always want the best for others. I should never wish bad fortune upon others. Our father in heaven sacrificed his only begotten son for us. He simply asks of us to love him and one another. I think this is the least we could do. Through love we can become more like our savior Jesus Christ who loves us all perfectly no matter how imperfect we are. I am so thankful for his great sacrifice for us. I hope that I through daily prayer I am able to love perfectly just as our Father in heaven loves us. I pray for the strength to put all judgement aside and be a great example to my fellow brothers and sisters. And to display my love for our father in all I do. I know that if I am able to do these things the lord will be pleased in me and I will continue to recieve the wonderful blesssings he has for me.

No comments: