Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blessings in disguise

My walk was supposed to be this morning but nothing seemed to be working in our favor. Tony couldnt get off work and my friends that were supposed to walk with me couldnt make it. Tony was bummed cuz he had to work and couldnt make it. Despite my team falling apart I was prepared to continue with the walk with just me and my lil man Cyrus. Unfortunately Cyrus had other plans. He was so cranky and hungry. I had to keep feeding him. We had to be thereat 8 and at 750 he was still eating. I finally broke down. I felt i let Gabriel down and all those who sponsored my walk. When i finally got it together. I realized I could just change my event. I found another event at newport beach going on tomorrow. This is only 1 1/2 hours away. Tony Doesnt work tomorrow so we are heading to newport beach at about 430am. We are gonna be tired!! but thats ok it will be worth it. The blessing in it all is that Tony is able to go and we can do this as a family!! I am so glad that Tony will beable to go with me. He was really beating himself up about not being able to go!! Well Hopefully all goes well tomorrow!!! Wish us luck. we will need it traveling that far with Cy. He hates his Car seat!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Shanelle, I will be thinking about you! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Thank you for being such a strong Mommy! Love, Nikki

Melissa Voss said...

Good luck! I'm so glad that you were able to switch it. I'll be thinking of you and angel Gabriel. Hope it goes well!
Alaina told me that your tickets were ordered! Yah! I can't wait to see you and your little man!
Love ya

Dan & Brooke said...

Man I just get goose bumps every time I read your entries! I am glad things worked out. I got your baby announcement from my mom the other day. So cute! Thank you for thinking of us, if I haven't told you already!