Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gabriel's bday


As many of you know today would have been Gabriel's first bday.One of The hardest part about today was remembering all the plans we had for him and knowing we couldnt fullfill them. But then i remembered what kind of life he would have had if he were still here and i am thankful that our gracious father in heaven spared him of that misery. He was a perfect spirit in a broken body and now he is free. He can do all the things a little boy should beable to do. the hardest part about today was not being able to do anything for him. but then i was inspired by my friend melissa.
So in honor of Gabriel I have decided to do the march of dimes march for babies every year for Gabriel. I think this is one of the greatest gift we can do for him. please check out my website http://www.marchforbabies.org/Gabrielsmama. we could really use your support. I also plan on walking for my friends son braden On june 13th with her. check out her website as well. www.marchforbabies.com/bradensmama2008.

We miss Gabriel tremendously but we know he is in a better place. Today was hard for us but also a reminder of the great love of our father in heaven that he did not allow our son to suffer anymore

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Shanelle -
You don't know me, but I am Mary Ransom's (Brown)sister also Brooke Holman's sis-in-law. One day when I was at Mary's house not long after your sweet Gabriel was born she told me about you and your baby. When I saw your blog on Brooke's I couldn't help but to read it. You are truly an amazing person and have a strong spirit. Me heart goes out to you and your husband. Although nothing could or will ever replace him I'm sure it was nice to have a baby to hug on his birthday. I wish you all the best in the world and I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog and checking up on your wonderful family. Congratulations on the new little guy he is as beautiful as his big brother. - Karin Holman

taggdarci said...

I can't believe what you've been through! You have been in my thoughts and prayers...I've been wondering about you, so I was glad to come across your blog. You are truly amazing! May our sweet Heavenly Father continue to bless your darling family!!