Monday, January 12, 2009

last week was really exciting well... not really it was actually pretty miserable. On Sunday night i got really sick plus ever since Christmas I have had a hard time keeping hydrated. well i started contraction they were mild but I knew I shouldn't be contracting as much as I was plus I needed to get some iv fluids so I went to labor and delivery. they gave me an iv and and Zofran and confirmed that i was indeed contracting. They said they would only have to give me meds to stop the contracting if it was causing me to dilate so they monitored me for a few hours to make sure i was dilating. Thank goodness I wasn't because I think the dang exam table (we don't get beds unless we are in labor) was more uncomfortable than the stomach cramps, nausea and contractions. so i was released and told that if my contractions become more regular to come back in. I was sick until about Tuesday ... then my lucky hubby got sick only he got it much worst he was throwing up every 5-10 minutes for several hours. they were having a hard time getting his vomiting under control in the ER. he was pretty miserable. we went in around 330 and he wasn't released until 1130 the next day. I was so tired and he was sleeping like a baby with all the drugs they gave him, Lucky guy. well we are both better now but Tony's surgery has been moved to Jan 16Th. This is a good thing because the recovery time is quite lengthy for this procedure. No weight bearing for 6 weeks and no driving for 4-6 weeks. He will be in the hospital for 3-5 days and on convalescent leave for 30 days. My c-section will be around the 9Th so tony will just be getting close to being able to put weight on his leg. hopefully I don't go into labor earlier because I will be hunting for someone to drive us to the hospital unless he is cleared to drive at that point. well at least things stay interesting.

No comments: